jennlk: (Default)
[personal profile] jennlk
I actually went away! Overnight!

We (J and a few friends) went to Cheboygan for the Mackinac Bridge Walk, and good food, and conversation, and the Cheboygan Bridge walk. J and I went up Friday afternoon, after it stopped raining here. Friends arrived over the next 30 hours, as storm after-effects ceased and/or other travels concluded. There were issues at the beginning of the BridgeWalk, and as far as we could tell, they were because someone had moved a rope corner 2 feet. Who knew? (anyone who'd ever done anything with crowd control or fluid flow, that's who....)

I came back to a positive flurry of emails. Some from section leader at LCCB, who was trying to figure out what part she wanted me to cover in rehearsals (even though I'm not going to be at the concert, she wanted me to either help the (uncertain) TSax player or fill in for the BSax player who is good enough to miss a couple of rehearsals and still play the concert). Some from work, as they had scheduled a parking lot sealing+repaint for Wednesday, and it was predicted to rain on Wednesday (as it did).

Today, I really need to get into the gardens. I _should_ start with the E garden, which I never quite finished before the summer dry turned it into hardpack, but the NW garden is looking quite messy, and it's right by the road so everyone going by sees it. So NW garden today, E garden tomorrow. It's a plan!

Profile

jennlk: (Default)
jennlk

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
678910 1112
13141516171819
2021222324 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 04:54 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios