- rehearsals for a concert on Sunday. The pieces we did at Red Cedar, a guest conductor, a couple of new pieces, and a few that we've done before. DB may or may not come to the concert -- he's said that he wants to hear us play Sheltering Sky, but I don't know if that outweighs whatever plans he has with friends. Monday we start rehearsals for the next concert, which is the start of the 'summer season', so the band will probably be smaller. Which is good, because we won't fit onto the stages for the summer concerts with 90 members.

- waiting for the weather to decide what it's doing, so I can go pull weeds. Or even pick up the willow branches that have come down. There's only been a couple of days since they came down when it wasn't cold or raining or both, and I had scheduled errands and appointments. Maybe sometime next week.

- library was on hiatus for a couple of weeks. End of term meant half-days of school so no books being checked out or returned, then it was Book Fair and the library was full of Book Fair cabinets so no books circulating. There were a lot on Thursday.

Wednesday morning, the wind started. The weather service had been telling us that it would be windy, posting High Wind Warnings for all day Wednesday, so it wasn't a real surprise. Nor was it a surprise when the power went out. (I think my response was "and there it goes"). But then it stayed out. J went to work, because with no power he couldn't work from home (the cable goes out shortly after the power does). Friday night, the landline went out (ATT's battery backups are apparently only 2.5 days), so all we had was patchy somewhat unreliable cell phone coverage. And no phone for DTE to call us on.

But J went to work, and DB went to work, and I stayed home to babysit the generator. Got a lot of reading done, and sorted knitting patterns. Thursday I went out to survey the damage. A few shingles off the west edge of the roof, at eave level (the roof needs to be reshingled this year anyway, but at least not *now*!), a couple of shrubberies broken off, the rowan toppled (it never settled in well anyway). And the diverter from the gutter in the neighbor's yard.

And then J went off to Robotics competition in Ann Arbor Fri/Sat while I stayed home and babysat the generator. Saturday AM, J came home from Robotics and took the small (quiet) generator over to church so that the sanctuary would have heat and light for Sunday service. Late Saturday afternoon, J got a message from the pastor asking how to disconnect the sanctuary from the generator and reconnect to the mains. Whee! that meant that we probably had power too, so he texted me and I checked (flipped various breakers), and then went out to the garage and turned off the generator.

DTE tells us that it was the largest weather related power outage in their service area (the Northeast Blackout in 2003 doesn't count, because there was nothing they could do about it).

And now (10 am Monday) we've got 3/4 of an inch of snow, and more coming. They say we'll get 3-5 by the end of the storm.
Thursday was MSBOA Festival at the high school. I had told the director that I would be available to work if he needed me. A week and a half before the festival, he said that he did, so I signed up to supervise the auditorium in the AM. I wound up in the auditorium all day, and my job description morphed from usher to stage manager by lunchtime -- but I was still ushering. (Ushering at Festival is pretty easy, though. Close the doors when ensembles start playing, and keep people from going to find seats while ensembles are playing, because even if the doors are closed and the signs say "Performance in Progress Do Not Enter" people assume it doesn't mean them.) So that was 13 hours of on-my-feet and moving things.

Saturday, the FCB went off to Okemos for the Red Cedar Festival of Community Bands. It was a fun gig. We didn't play a lot (only three pieces), but we covered a wide swath of band/wind symphony musical history -- a classical transcription (March from Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony), a "traditional" wind ensemble piece (Dello Joio's Variants on a Mediaeval Theme) and a contemporary piece (Mackey's Sheltering Sky). Most of the band went home after we were done, but a few stuck around to listen to other groups, and I went to a 'master class'. Didn't really learn much that was applicable to what I do, but it was interesting enough.

The sandhill cranes are somewhat averse to non-feathered two-leggers wandering into "their" territory, and holler at us every time we go into the backyard. They fluffed at DB when he went out yesterday.
but the weather is just odd. It's a lovely spring day -- crocuses and snowdrops in the side garden, birds bathing in the pond, sandhill cranes yammering, red-winged blackbirds in the trees. The heat hasn't run since the morning warm up.

J and I went to Cap last weekend. GT got a lovely suite with two balconies. JS and I were sitting outside knitting, and we moved into the shade as it was too warm in the sun. I wore sandals all weekend. I worry about the garden and the A/C bill this summer.
well, that was a lost week. CB brought a cold to rehearsal a couple of weeks ago, and gave me some of the germs. :(

Saturday was OneAct Regionals (competitive theater), hosted at CHS. DB got offered an emcee job, rather than the backstage/sound he was expecting(*). I emailed early in the week, asking if KA (who was running the site) needed any help, and zie did -- zie needed a non-Theater Guild/Theater Booster adult to tabulate scores. KA couldn't do it, as zie had a team in the competition, and it looks sketchy to have a parent do it. KA said zie was wracking her brain trying to figure something out until I emailed. (MSBOA gets around this by supplying a tabulator, but MIFA either hasn't thought of that or doesn't have the money.) It was a pretty easy gig -- show up around noon, tabulate four flights of scores and awards, then go home. I snuck out during a show, and came home to get some actual food for KA, my reading glasses, and to feed the fish.

KA is vegetarian, and whoever set up the volunteer/worker menu either neglected to request vegetarian food, or whoever was supposed to bring it didn't, so zie was eating plain bagels and popcorn. I was a little annoyed that there wasn't any food for zir -- it's not a secret or new (KA's been at CHS for four years now), and it's really a bad idea to let the site boss get hungry. I had a bowl of rice/beans/corn in the fridge, and another bowl of green salad, which solved the problem of a hungry KA very well.

After making MIFA change the rules a couple of years ago, CHS is going to State competition! (They really should have gone a couple of years ago, but didn't make it out of Regionals, and the other teams at Regionals raised a stink about *that*, hence the rules change.) It's been 10 years since a CHS team made it to State, so that's very exciting.

I'd go and see them at State (didn't get to see them at Regionals because the room was small and I got there late), but it's next weekend, and I'm planning on being at Capricon. It's one thing to miss Capricon because I've got a kid in competition....

DB may or may not come to Chicago -- he's contemplating going to State and seeing the other shows. (State is in Charlotte, which is the closest it's been other than when Chelsea hosts.)

* he says he just does his impression of jebra as "Mr FCB Announcer Guy"; his boss says that he's got lots of people to run sound, but only a couple who can emcee OneAct, and with two stage tracks running.....

winter natter

Feb. 2nd, 2017 12:32 am
jennlk: (Default)
Whole lots of same ol' same ol.

Band on Monday was a lot of work -- we've got limited time to get three pieces ready for an adjudicated performance, and so he worked us hard. I forget, sometimes, how much fun it can be to work that hard. (as you'd expect, there was chatter in the back row. There always is.)

Coming home from band on Monday was.... interesting.... The snow had just started falling, so the roads were slippery and the lane lines were obscured. Some idiot two cars ahead of me managed to spin his car at 15 mph while going in a straight line. Fortunately, both the guy in front of me and I were able to dodge him. It took an extra half-hour to get home. *after* a hard rehearsal. J said that Tuesday after his rehearsal was pretty slippy too. And then I was running errands in A2 today and the snow started falling as I turned on to N Territorial. Whee!

With the renewed snow cover, the birds have been eating more birdseed. I've actually refilled both of the finch feeders twice since Sunday. The next time the snow melts, I need to go out and see if I can find a level place to put the birdbath. J's bird camera isn't working, which is somewhat annoying -- it was interesting poking at the footage, and seeing all the different critters that come through the backyard at night. The funniest one was the raccoon and the deer staring at each other.
- we got new music on Monday. Four pieces, of the 'old warhorse'/standard of the repertoire variety (thus, not easy) and my kids played three of them in high school (iirc, SR read the other a few times but never performed it). Other people were talking about how this is the kind of music they didn't see until college.

- we got four inches of snow on Monday night. Then it all melted by Wednesday morning, because of rain and wind and 40+F temperatures. The power went out for six hours or so, due to wind damage (branch on a line somewhere). whee -- we lost a couple of fish because of it. And then it got cold again -- it was 24F when I went out to feed the birds this morning.

- I got the holiday cards done on Epiphany, but didn't get them in the mail until Saturday. Ooops. The tree got decorated sometime before Christmas (I even got the ornament boxes out of the living room!), and we took the ornaments off on Saturday. The tree itself is still looming in the living room. The bag is there, too. But Robotics season has started, and J is getting home at 9pm....
Another Christmas done. Christmas Eve service was candles and congregational carols with just an anthem (One Small Child) by the choir. The church was almost entirely full for both services, but we didn't need the overflow space. Which was good, because it wasn't really set up. There were a surprising number of people at service on Christmas Day.

Tuesday we went to lunch with Nana, and did Xmas with her. She has a favorite restaurant in Saline, so we went there -- J is back to work because release is approaching quickly, and the new building is practically in Saline.

The snow is just about all melted -- there are still piles where it got shoveled/plowed to, and the field where the woods shade it is still snowcovered.

A number of DB's friends got inexpensive drones for Xmas, and he seemed a little bummed that he didn't, until I said "we don't buy you toys anymore. If we're going to buy a drone, it's going to be a decent one." And, tbh, given a choice between good boots (leather wellington/harness style) and a drone, the boots win every time.

(huh. another weirdity with LJ today - can't change the userpic. ah well.)
And the tree is up but still not decorated, other than some candycanes from a box of minis -- I put some in SR's Xmas box. At least the box of ornaments is upstairs. Maybe we'll get to it tonight. OTOH, I have no idea how many packages are going to be under the tree -- I have one "thing" for DB and a 'gift card' for a shopping trip for funky boots, and a couple of things for J; but SR's have been sent off (not a lot of 'things', either, as anything she gets will have to come home again, so it's mostly baked goods and US candy to share with other expats).

I haven't started the holiday letter yet, but that won't take long to do. Cards will, as usual, go out after Christmas. Even without the kids-in-school schedule, early-to-mid December is still full of rehearsals and performances. The FCB holiday concert was Sunday, and seemed well-received although Damien is expecting to 'hear about' leaving out Sleigh Ride. We finished with a different Leroy Anderson Xmas piece, so we didn't completely ignore tradition. There was some agitating in the back row to play Sleigh Ride anyway, and see how many people would recognise the bass line, but saner heads prevailed (not me, in either case!). Friday's stage rehearsal went well, but the drive home was fraught -- it took me 90 minutes to get home!

It was a good thing that I didn't bother to go to the Chippewa's bowl game. They got their behinds handed to them. :O And it was in a baseball stadium, which is not the best place to watch a football game. OTOH, it was Florida in December, and the band got a trip out of it that wasn't over Christmas.


Dec. 14th, 2016 08:23 pm
jennlk: (snow bird)
Stunning development, I know. It's Michigan, it's mid-December. Snow happens. However, this fall/winter has been fairly warm and almost entirely snowfree until Sunday; and then J & I shoveled 9" at 6pm and we got another 3" overnight. Snow days all around on Monday. So the FCB concert next Sunday will be even less rehearsed than usual. OTOH, it's not supposed to snow very much between now and then, so we may have a decent audience.

Saturday was busy -- a funeral meal to host in the late afternoon and a keyboard dedication concert in the evening. I had time to come home and change in between!

DB is done with working The Nutcracker at the HS auditorium, but now he's working a church Christmas pageant at the old HS auditorium -- they have crew that does most of the sound work, but they need someone (with keys) to open the building and turn on the house and run the stage lights.

I had been vaguely contemplating going to the Chippewas bowl game, and then they got invited to the Miami Beach Bowl. That would be a fun game to go to, but the timing is horrid. The game is Monday afternoon, and I have a concert Sunday afternoon & rehearsal Monday evening. While I could skip rehearsal (although that's kind of a bad idea, as we'll be getting new music), getting in at 2am for a 2:30pm game is not my idea of fun.

There is at least one hawk hunting the backyard. There may be two, as J saw one this afternoon that seemed smaller than the one we'd seen in the morning. This probably explains why the birdseed in the feeders isn't going down as fast as it often does.
lotsa no counting. Wednesday night (Day 2), the bossperson called & emailed everyone to tell us that the recount was "suspended until further notice". Which, schedule-wise, is nearly as bad as "show up and count until there are no more to count" -- still no long-term planning.

This afternoon (Day 4), we got an email from the County Director of Elections telling us to 'stand down' -- he doesn't expect us to be called back in, but "it could happen".

I was able to get errands run yesterday and today, so there's that. I should probably bake something for the funeral meal tomorrow. I really don't want to work it, but I may wind up doing so because people 'have other things to do' [like hang out (at home) with grandkids they see *every* *weekend* -- look, if you're not willing to make time to host when no-one else can, please don't take a position where 'provide host for funeral meal' is part of the flipping job description! grumble.]
(I know, I missed Day 1. DB was on my computer when I got home, and he went to bed after I did.)

Our township clerk asked about half of her "usuals" if we'd be willing/available to do the recount. Five of us said yes. We started yesterday morning, and will go until all the ballots are either hand-counted or the precinct is declared "un-recountable" (due either to improper seals or incorrect pollbooks). I'm working with a random-guy-off-the-street who called his township clerk and asked if he could help count. He's quite competent, if unfamiliar with some of the voting floor procedures, but since there are very few people there who've done any sort of recount, he's not too far behind; and he learns quickly. Yesterday we got out 'early' as we finished off a precinct at 4:40pm and the county people stop handing out new ones at 4pm (the average is 2.5 hours/precinct). Today we ran over, and left the building at 6:50pm. I have not been tracking all the results, but the tabulators that Washtenaw uses are good -- the only changes we've had are when people write in an invalid write-in candidate and also vote straight ticket. (MI allows for a modified straight ticket - a straight ticket vote is assumed to include president unless otherwise indicated. When handcounting, an invalid write in vote is ignored and the straight ticket vote is counted. The tabulator has no way of knowing whether it's a valid write in or not, and doesn't count the straight-ticket presidential vote).

Many election workers are taking advantage of all the observers (at least two, sometimes six) to do some civic education about how elections work, and how much work it actually is to keep track of the metadata (who voted in which precinct using which ballot) and keep both the metadata and the ballots secure and unassociated with each other.

There are things going on at church this weekend, and people keep asking me to do things. "I can't. I'm working the recount until they tell me not to." "but This" "no" "this Other Thing" "no" "What about Yet Another Thing?" "I make no promises, but I'll try to be there."

Grrr. What part of "I'm doing this thing, I don't know when it'll be done. I have to leave space for it through Saturday for sure, maybe into Sunday." is hard to understand? I'm actually on the program for a keyboard dedication concert on Saturday, and I told them "put the duet late in the program, and note that it may be a solo depending on the recount". (the concert was on the schedule before the recount, but I didn't know I was playing until after the recount was announced. yeah, it's a bit free-form.)
The cranes are still hanging around in the backyard. They're usually pretty quiet (not much to worry about if you're a 3.5 foot tall bird), but today they were answering the civil alert siren test.

I have mostly finished cutting back things in the garden -- the larger daisies still need to be done, as does the blanket flower, but leaving them uncut all winter doesn't do them any harm, it just looks ragged.

The tree is up but undecorated. We may get to it next weekend, we may not. DB will be working a show Fri & Sat, and I may be working the recount. That depends on the outcome of the suit filed against the recount petition. If it's on, I go in at 8am Wed and we work 10 hour days until the count is done. Including weekends, because we need to be done by 14 Dec. Training is Monday afternoon, and we find out then whether we're actually doing the count.

My back has been being variably cranky for the last month -- I think it will get better if the weather ever stabilises.
(the one I detailed a few months ago), albeit with a few modifications. The upholstered recliner is still downstairs, and will be moved upstairs after Christmas (the accent chair from the living room is in the den, rather than in the library at the top of the stairs where it usually goes for the holiday season). The mattress is actually under the futon, although that required J building risers (even a cheap mattress is 7.5 inches deep, and the base angle of the futon-as-sofa is 4.5).

The dresser from the nook went off to Goodwill -- it was SR's college apartment dresser, and then KM used it for a while, but we really have no need of it anymore. When DB goes off to an apartment, he'll either be moving out (taking his current set) or we'll buy him another dresser. It's not worth trying to store it somewhere.

I had a pretty shelf unit that I picked up at IKEA a couple of years ago, because I liked it and it wasn't clear how long they'd be making it. It's been sitting in the basement, still boxed, ever since, but now it's in the den, replacing a smaller unit that was crammed full. It looks much better, and I've even gotten a few more things out of boxes (from a few years ago when we redid the bookshelves upstairs, not from when we moved!).

We bought a Xmas wreath (from the Scouts) on Saturday because we were out anyway and remembered -- we don't usually get into town on the weekend, so I figured we should do it while we could. The wreaths are good for a couple of months, so putting it up now rather than mid-December shouldn't make any difference.

On Sunday, I played at church, and then came home and cut back perennials. The bleeding hearts are cut back, as are the peonies and the goldenrod. I left the dead nettle and the painted nettle because they're still green! The daisy stems should be cut back too, but I'd already filled the garden cart twice, and it's supposed to dry out again on Tuesday afternoon. I brought the garden decor in, other than the gate, which may or may not get into the garage -- it'd be fine outside, so it just may stay out.

The hawk has been lurking in the garden this morning. He looks wind-ruffled and damp. But he's still alert enough to sense me moving around in the house, so I haven't gotten a picture. :(


Nov. 17th, 2016 08:07 pm
jennlk: (stompety)
So that happened. But life goes on. (I suspect it helped that I was locked away until 11pm, and then I came home and went to bed without turning radio/TV/internet on.)

Last weekend, J and I ran off to Chicago for WindyCon; where I saw people I don't see often enough (which is unlikely to change, unless we move, and then it will be a different set of people we don't see often enough).

In band news, I have had to transcribe yet another BariSax part, this time from the score. mutter.

We still have not had a night cold enough that there's been ice on the pond -- there've been a couple of days when I've had to break ice out of the birdbath, but not enough to even warrant getting out the heated birdbath. I spent an hour pulling grass and cutting back the Russian Sage in the northwest flowerbed in preparation for the snow we may or may not get. (If I leave it up, we get a lovely drift across the end of the driveway; if I cut it back, the drift is less than halfway across the driveway.) They tell us we may have snow this weekend. We shall see. The larkspur plants that are blooming will be dismayed by snow, but everything else seems to be settling in for chilly weather.

Thanksgiving is next week. I have no idea what we're going to have for dinner. DB says ham, so I guess that's what we'll do. It will be SR's birthday on Thursday, and I haven't gotten her care package in the mail yet, so it will not be there in time. BadMom moment. I have gotten her presents, though (most will not be sent to her because she'd have to bring them back). so there's that.
and I am, as usual, running a bit behind on my costuming. I will still finish it Saturday, but it may perhaps take a bit longer on Saturday to finish. Part of it is that I've been lollygagging around upstairs, mostly waiting for the cat to come in; but I've also been planning a UFO (27" paper lantern from Oriental Trading, silvery spray paint, eight feet or so of dowel, an 8" square piece of matboard, a roll of sticky tape) and transcribing another piece of music.

(The stupid BSax players in the band(s) we share a music library with keep losing their music, which means that I have to transcribe it from either the score or a tuba part; and then they go and lose *that* copy, but I have it on my hard drive so I print it out again. There are eight pieces of music in the program on Sunday, and I'm working off transcribed parts for three of them and a copied-from-the-local-HS copy for another (I think one of the others is copied from a different HS music library, too.). That's utterly ridiculous!)


Oct. 24th, 2016 09:52 am
jennlk: (stompety)
Yanno, it's one thing to contemplate a 12 hour drive, and another to do it twice in three days. Mum & I went to Boone on Wednesday -- she's not made that drive in a few years, and we used a different route than she used to, so it was a longer (but easier!) drive than she expected (421 is at least 4 lanes, and sometimes 5, all the way from I-77 to Boone). We got there 12 1/2 hours after she left her apartment. I still remember where the road up the mountain is, although it's a bit harder to spot, tucked between two motel parking lots on 105. I spent a day futsing around - read a bit, knitted a bit, chatted with the ladies -- before leaving Friday morning. I got home 12 hours after I left, 680 miles in a car that's not mine. It rained all the way up I-77, and didn't stop until I turned east at Cleveland. It's the only time I've been through Charleston and the capitol dome wasn't glowing in the light. :)

Still haven't actually started sewing the jacket for next Sunday's costume. OTOH, I know which jacket and which fabric, what I need to do to revise the skirt, and both J and DB will be gone Fri & Sat (J is off with the HS Robotics team, and DB will be off visiting friends whom he won't see at WindyCon). I should get it done early in the week, though, because the weather forecast indicates that Fri/Sat would be the best days for working in the garden this week.

In timefail news, DB had been vaguely planning to attend WindyCon - he had set up a swap for his Sunday A/V job, and had been offered a volunteer gig in the teen room -- and then the director of the fall musical (show dates Nov 11-13) emailed him and said "help! we have nobody backstage full time for the show". So he said yes to her and sent regrets to D.
There was a skin of ice on the birdbath this morning, although the pond was unfrozen. I brought in the hummingbird feeders, as I haven't seen a hummingbird in two or three weeks. The farmer came through to harvest the soybeans in the field early this week, and since then has been through with a disk and a spray rig that I've seen -- he probably came through with a planting rig while I was gone one day, planting winter wheat or rye. I won't know which until it comes up.

There was a last flush of blooms on the hardy hibiscus in the east garden -- some of the stems that came up very early this summer set buds in mid-September, and a few bloomed before the frost got them. I spent about 90 minutes out in that garden, pulling grass and weeds, and there's probably that much more work out there. I still have to finish the NE garden, but between the ants and whatever weed I'm allergic to out there, I'm a bit leery of it right now. I'll wait for the next frost.

I've been going in to file books in the K-2 library. Thursday I spent 3 hours there, and could probably do that every day if I wanted to.

I have gotten as far as pondering a costume. I really need to get started on that -- I'm going to be gone much of next week, as Mum and I are heading south on Wednesday (I'm going as far as western NC and driving back, she'll be going on to FL with her sister, then flying back to MI).

Natter, again.

Oct. 5th, 2016 12:46 pm
jennlk: (white daff)
I reprised my role as music librarian on Monday, and missed about 20 minutes of rehearsal digging through the files looking for tuba parts for the Tuba Cavalry (SB was sitting in because all the regular tuba players were not going to be at rehearsal, but because they were last-minute no-shows their music was not in the building). OTOH, I found the proper tuba & barisax parts for Semper Fi, and a proper BSax part for another piece, and a complete second page for Victors, so it was time well spent. And now the 4th tuba folder (currently unused, but we're expecting AW back after football) is complete.

In football-that-I-sort-of-follow, CHS is undefeated on the season. No performance hangover from making it to the State Final last year, apparently. CMU is playing poorly, after starting off the season reasonably well -- Coach made a comment that he'd rather be doing chemo than lose like they did in the rivalry game last Saturday (and he knows chemo, having been finishing it off during the season last year). SR was streaming the game, and said it was horrible. (I was watching the Tigers game, which was better played but the results were the same -- a devastating loss.)

DB and I counted 14 frogs yesterday, and then we moved, and three frogs that we hadn't counted jumped into the pond. And then we noticed a Big Frog in the rill. So the frog count is now 18. Whee!

I've spent the last three days pulling weeds in the NE garden, and I think there's still a day's worth of work out there, maybe more. There's a poke-y weed out there that I'm mildly allergic to, so I have a lovely arrangement of itchy things on the inside of my right arm, where the long sleeves ride up as I reach for weeds. Should dig out the shirt with extralong sleeves & thumbholes before doing more weeding.....

Tomorrow I need to ponder - with fabric in front of me - a Halloween costume for the concert. Currently, I'm thinking I'll add skirt hikes and a ruffled petticoat to the taffeta skirt from last year, and a longer jacket, and go more steampunk than it was last year. The other thought is to build a new pirate-y jacket (I was never happy with the old one, and finally put it in the rummage a couple of years ago). The theme this year is "Area 51", so I could go in that direction, but that will require perusal of my pattern stash to see what I have in the way of space-themes (the music selection is skewing heavily toward space movies - quelle surprise).
Um, yeah. So it's been two weeks since I posted. How does that happen?

The history-thing went pretty well. PH and I played a couple of residents of the area, chatting about things going on at the Grange. Got laughs in the appropriate places, got positive comments on the costume. I never did hem the blouse, so I need to do that, and move the ends of the drawstring. In related news, I now have a straw boater hat and a brown "leather" framed satchel.

FCB is going well -- first gig was yesterday, at Franklin Cider Mill. Really nice weather for it, if a bit bright (lots of side glare). I am not sure if today's headache is glare, sleep, or hydration related. J came to the concert -- the first time he's done that. Tonight we start working on more repertoire for the Halloween concert, some of which will be played on Oct 9 at the MSU Tollgate facility in Novi.

Last Wednesday was the Chelsea Marching Band Exhibition (or Expedition, or Expo, depending on who you're talking to). It was not so nice -- warm and sticky and still. Had a couple of band kids drop (a first!), but no one on the field; neither was in perfect health at the beginning of the day -- one was coming off a cold, another had injured an arm the day before and a full performance on trumpet totally wiped her out.


jennlk: (Default)

September 2017

345 6789
17 181920212223


RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 26th, 2017 12:01 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios